8.31.2009

A Living Testimony

I recently had the privilege to hear Pastor Scott Guiley, pastor of Newby Baptist Church, deliver a message about how we can live our lives as a testimony for Christ.  He spoke of Jesus healing a leper (Mark 1:40-45), and of Elisha, through God, healing Naaman (2 Kings 5:1-14), a leper.

There are many instances of healing in the Bible.  What is more thought-provoking is the many times Christ tells the healed individual to tell no one of this blessing.  Brother Guiley used these scriptures to show us that instead of us telling everyone that we are saved, we should let our actions show them that we are saved.
  • How do you show your love for Christ?  Do you use vulgar language, or are you certain that others can hear your salvation in your speech?  Do you dress modestly so that instead of drawing attention to yourself, you can put the emphasis on your Lord?  How do you spend your time?  Is the Lord's Day a priority in your life, or do you make it to church if you don't have anything else to do?
  • After thinking about that, ponder this: Christ showed His love for you.  He stayed on the cross.  He was bruised and beaten; He bled and suffered until He gave up the ghost.  He rose again, and visibly displayed the scars left from His great sacrifice.  Did he suffer for you?
When Jesus told the healed leper not to tell anyone, He wasn't asking him to keep a secret.  He knew that others would see a difference in the man.  Can the world see a difference in you?

This message was meant for me.  I'm sure there were others who felt the same way, but I know the Lord used Bro. Guiley to deliver this message to me.

I am a sinner, saved by grace.  I am full of sorrow - and thanksgiving - that Jesus died on the cross for my sins.  I do, however, love the world; I pray that the Lord will continue to give me the strength and ability to live in a way that gives honor to Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment